WESTERN SLOP INFERTILITY ACUPUNCTURE
How Does Acupuncture Help With Fertility/Infertility
Acupuncture is still relatively new to the western world although people in the east have been using it for thousands of years. Westerners are now more than ever looking to use acupuncture for addressing their health concerns. In turn, it has resulted in more interest among researchers and health care providers’ thus providing information on its effectiveness in addressing various health issues including improving fertility.
How Does It Work?
The acupuncturist uses fine needles for stimulating specific acupoints on the surface of the body. The acupoints are situated on meridians that innervate particular organ systems including the reproductive system. Once the needles stimulate the acupoints, the energy (Qi) and blood in these acupoints are both stimulated to begin circulating all through the body into the organ systems thereby improving efficiency. In so doing, poor health can be rectified.
How Does Acupuncture Improve Fertility?
In terms of fertility, acupuncture aims to do the following:
– Enhancing follicular development to improve egg quality
– In relation to IVF, research studies show that it improves success of fertilization by up to 60 percent if administered prior to and after the embryo transfer
– It helps to regulate the effects of stress on the body. Stress affects the regulation of menstruation and ovulation and is thus detrimental to conception
– Thickening the lining that when fertilization of the egg takes place the uterus is ready to help in embryo implantation
– Correcting any hormonal imbalances thereby regulating the menstrual cycle
– It helps to relieve stress in men since this has the potential to affect sperm production negatively, which can promote infertility in men.
– It helps to enhance sperm quality by improving sperm count, abnormality, and motility – several factors that contribute to low-quality sperm. Acupuncture helps to address these health concerns and helps to improve overall health thus leading to improved quality of sperm.
It is good to understand that while participating in acupuncture treatments, it is also important to address lifestyle and dietary choices effectively to enhance the results gained from acupuncture.
Do Both Partners Have To Undergo Acupuncture?
The best thing is for both partners to attend the initial consultation. This helps the acupuncturist address any specific concerns to determine the best strategy to improve chances of success. Acupuncture has been proven to momentarily improve sperm quality for three days so some men choose to have acupuncture around their partner’s ovulation period. Always keep in mind that conception involves two parties so the health of both partners is critical for success.
How Long Will It Be Before Conception
The short answer is that it varies between people. Current health status, age, lifestyle and dietary choices all contribute to the treatment duration and the number of treatment cycles needed. Generally, a cycle of acupuncture treatment comprises 12 sessions. Our acupuncturist can provide accurate information after 4 to 5 sessions since this allows enough time for your body to show how it responds to treatment. Our acupuncturist will discuss this in detail based on individual circumstances.
How Safe Is Acupuncture & Will The Needles Be Re-Used?
The needles used for acupuncture are sterile surgical needles sold as single-use needles. The acupuncturists discard the needles safely after use into a sharps container. Acupuncturists are also educated on human anatomy and techniques for maximizing effects achieved via acupuncture. When scheduling an appointment, it is important to discuss such concerns so that you feel comfortable with the skill and qualifications of the practitioner.
Acupuncture may be thousands of years old but is still an effective remedy to various health problems today. Today, more people are turning to acupuncture as a remedy for their infertility or to boost their fertility. Anyone suffering from infertility problems should consider getting acupuncture at our Dania Beach office.